Irvin C Mollison Elementary - Courtyard Education Area, Improve Existing Areas, & Create Sustainability Education Curriculum
1. Recreate Outdoor Courtyard into a Teachable Outdoor Space - this includes tree trimming, rebuilding garden beds, planting with native, non-invasive species, cleaning out nuisance plants, and removing and replacing broken pavers, and adding in a composter.
2. Clear out the Clutter in the School Library - Organize shelving, get rid of clutter, and create organization solution that foster investigation and learning.
3. Educate Environmental and Sustainability Literacy - a primary class will be adopted, educational curriculum items from Center for Green Schools will be shared, we will provide 3-4 guest speakers over the year to cover topics, First topic's will build on our work with composting and native species.
4. Low VOC Painting - replace dark hall paint with light colored Low VOC paint. Spruce up areas where paint is dirty.
5. Lighting - replace lighting in key areas to enhance student performance and meet local standards.
6. Wish List - Playground Surface Restoration - the playground surface is deteriorating and causing a fall and choking hazard.
7. Wish List - Portable Basketball Hoops - the school had to take down their hoops as the nets and rims kept getting stolen. The school wants portable basketball hoops that they can take inside at night.