The past 10 months have been filled with impactful Green Apple Day of Service projects, and we’re already thinking about how to honor your work through the 2019 Green Apple Day of Service Awards. Last year’s winners were true leaders in the global volunteer movement, and though they’ll be hard to follow, we know our community continues to raise the bar.
To streamline the process, this year’s award winners will be selected from project pages registered on greenapple.org. Selections will be made in March, so when your project is completed, be sure your project page is a complete reflection of all your hard work.
Create a project page to enter.
- Your entry for an award is your greenapple.org project page. There is no separate nomination process, and you do not need to share any additional information. If you’ve registered your project on the website, you are already in the running!
- Make sure everything you want us to know is included on your project page. This includes your project description, participation numbers, details of project impact, photos and other visuals.
- All registered projects completed between April 4, 2018, and March 15, 2019, will be considered.
Winners will be chosen in three categories.
- Deep impact: Recognizing projects that demonstrate a depth of impact. The impact may be on students at the school, the surrounding community, the built or natural environment as demonstrated by data and more.
- Broad engagement: Recognizing projects that demonstrate broad engagement. This may include students, families, the surrounding community or the wider public.
- Creative approach: Recognizing projects that have taken a particularly creative or entrepreneurial approach.
We’ve loved seeing what you’ve been up to for your Green Apple Day of Service, and we look forward to recognizing a deserving group of winners on stage at the 2019 Green Schools Conference and Expo awards luncheon on April 8.